Scam-Archiver copies all mail going through your mail server to a mailbox.
Scam-archiver should only be used if its features is in full compliance with
Please read the INSTALL and README files for more information.
You should have sendmail version 8.12.x or higher installed. Sendmail should
You should have the milter library and development kit installed
1. Extract the scam-archiver tarball
2. Change the current directory to the one where the scam-archiver source code
3. If you are using FreeBSD, OpenBSD or NetBSD, rename the Makefile.bsd file
If you are using a Linux distribution, rename the Makefile.linux file to Makefile
4. Type make and press Enter to compile scam-archiver
1. Copy the scam-archiver file created above to the appropriate location
2. Generate a new sendmail configuration (sendmail.cf) with the following
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`scam-archiver', `S=unix:/var/spool/scam/scam-archiver.sock, F=T, T=S:240s;R:240s;E:5m')dnl
3. Create a user (scamarchiver for example) which will be used to run the milter
4. Create the /var/spool/scam directory
5. Verify that the user created in step 3 has read-write access to the
1. Start scam-archiver milter as a daemon
scam-archiver -p unix:/var/spool/scam/scam-archiver.sock -u scamarchiver -D
4. Restart sendmail if you have generated a new sendmail configuration when
Type the following command to stop scam-archiver
kill -USR1 `cat /var/spool/scam/scam-archiver.pid`
The configuration file used is /etc/mail/scam.conf.
The following entry defines the email address where all mail is archived.
Copyright © 2006-2009 Eland Systems All Rights Reserved.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The download is provided free of charge subject to our license agreement.
Scam-archiver source code version 1.0 (5 KB)
Please send your comments and bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.